I updated the Schedule comment for Thursday with the following info, but since there’s a lot of it and the comment space is a bit cramped, I thought you might like to see it here:
Watch each of the ads below twice: once to take it in, and then again with your finger on the pause button, looking for details about how they’re constructed: realism/fantasy, objectivity/subjectivity, narrative, visual style (cinematography, mise en scene, editing, and sound):
- Apple’s “1984”
- This Motorola Xoom ad references the Apple 1984 ad.
- Chrysler “Imported from Detroit”
- Mr. Clean “Cleaner of Your Dreams”
- Audi “Science Fair”
- iPhone ’11
- Epuron “Mr. W”
- One guy’s ad for his girlfriend’s used car.
- Gilette “We Believe” (this ad is accompanied by a special link you might also want to check out).
Also read this short but intriguing post about the ways Molsen advertises differently to male and female audiences.